I know it's been pretty quiet on here Pregnancy and motherhood has, at times, been painful, tiring and stressful. I was down to 245 or so when I got pregnant. I didn't have an easy time of it. From about Week 20 on, I began having pelvic problems where there was excruciating pain any time I lifted my leg, rolled over in bed, did some walking, etc. As you might imagine, that put a bit of a damper on any exercise. Chiropractic adjustments helped to ease some of it, but it still hasn't fully gone away, even 6 months later.
I managed to put on 55 pounds during my pregnancy. I do think a lot of it was water retention since I was induced, in part, for high blood pressure which may have been pre-eclampsia. Sigh...so if you do the math, I reached the dreaded big 3-0-0 on the day I was induced. I did get to have the fun experience of losing about 30 pounds in one week.
However, it's stabilized since then...I am not one of the lucky ones who has pounds fall off from breastfeeding. I often found it hard to eat period with all of the nursing, holding, etc. Miss ZZ is more independent, now, so I can get my exercise and healthy eating back on track.
Last night I weighed myself and it said 265.2. Just a number...but sigh. I want to be at least under 200 by the next pregnancy.
Some current ideas I am mulling:
- I will participate in The Sisterhood of the Shrinking Jean's New Year's Weight Loss Boot Camp
- A friend and I are also doing their Squat and Pushup 31-Day Boot Camp
- Cooking in bulk so I can have something healthy waiting
- Trying some of these crock pot recipes from Skinnytaste
- Considering joining Weight Watchers again soon and visiting the Mom, Dad and Me class
Anything is a step forward, right? How did you get back on track after baby?