- Hunting for pretty leaves or rocks in the park
- Make it a family affair - do all exercises together
- Walk and hike with dogs along
- Three-legged races (especially if you pair an adult with a child)
- Spending 2 hours outside playing before they can do TV or computer
- Wii Fit Plus and Wii Sports (a favorite activity for me personally too)
- Gardening and collecting worms (heartily agree!)
- Sticker chart for exercise
- Hiking and geocaching
Be sure to check them all out! In the meantime, I bet you're wondering who the winner was, right? I put all the entries into a Google spreadsheet, adjusting to make sure all the extra entries for following and blogging were tabulated out. I popped over to random.org to get the results.
According to my spreadsheet, that means the winner is Balloongal. Her tip was:
"In the winter, when we don't want to spend too much time outside, we like to do dancing parties at home with our kids. We'll turn on some fun music and all dance around together. It's amazing what a workout you can get when you're jumping up and down and spinning around."
How appropriate since it's winter now. I like to do that sometimes to help get me moving and cleaning. I'll put on music or use my iPod to listen to music that gets me dancing while I clean, and makes it all more fun.
Congrats to balloongal! I have emailed you at the address you listed in your Google profile. Please email me with your address within 48 hours.
Thanks again go out to CSN Stores, who sponsored this giveaway. Keep those kids moving and fit!